About Me

My photo
i am a creative person. mother to a daughter who is an active young woman and a constant blessing in my life. i hope that you enjoy your visit here and that you will return often.

Friday, March 19, 2010

my apologies for not being very attentive to my blog and it's readers over the last few days. i've had an out of town doctor visit and since it's a 3 hour drive (one way) it knocks me off of my feet/schedule for a few days after. i'll get back on track very soon i hope. while out of town to see the doctor i also got to go and see the new Alice In Wonderland movie. in 3-D. at an IMAX theatre~!~ and it was TOTALLY ENCHANTING in every possible way~!!~ it's rare that i go to a movie with such high hopes and not only have those expectations met but actually exceeded. i am head over heels in love with this production~!!!!!~!

Tim Burton is one of my very favorite directors and he did not disappoint~!~! the characters and cast were beautiful and the story itself captured my heart completely. Alice returns to the strangeness of the rabbit hole and learns she is more than she imagined herself to be and full of "muchness"; not just in her dreams but in her "real" world as well. this is a beautiful movie and in my opinion a rare gem when it comes to young strong female characters with heart. Alice certainly won mine~!!!~ GO AND SEE THIS MOVIE~!!!~! and tell me what you think.
in the meantime i'm going to be re-visiting the original Alice In Wonderland story . . .

we still have snow outside of our windows but it is quickly melting away. the sun has been brightly out and i see more of the lawn by the hour i think. the indoor plants are convinced that spring is already actually here and they are all spurting out new growth of all kinds. i have a zebra aloe that is sending out blossoms on loooooong stems heading right for the lightest and brightest spots. i sympathize; i too want to seek the full on spring sunshine and find myself moving around the house in search of the sunniest, warmest, and brightest (happiest) places to perch myself.

i've also begun to move things about within the house . . . spring fever, spring cleaning and just plain spring seeking . . .

this season holds so many promises . . .

4 comments:

  1. Hi Libby, glad that the sun is shining where you are.

    My daughter and I enjoyed 'Alice in Wonderland' too, especially the 3D effects. The garden and House featured are part of Antony Estate, Torpoint, Cornwall and the harbour shown is Charlestown, on the same coast. Bye for now, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos as usual.
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Libby,
    It's lovely to meet you and your quilts are beautiful!
    I do hope you get the creative urge to have a play with the dress templates, I'd love to see what you come up with :-)
    I'm with you over the imminent arrival of spring, it can't come soon enough!
    Gini
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you enjoyed the film, sorry you had to travel so far to see the doctor...

    ReplyDelete

i love knowing what your thoughts are and knowing that you've paid a visit if you have the time to drop a line or two.

i attempt to answer all comments and/or questions. if this is important to you make sure you are not set on no reply which leaves me no way to get back to you.

Followers