About Me

My photo
i am a creative person. mother to a daughter who is an active young woman and a constant blessing in my life. i hope that you enjoy your visit here and that you will return often.

Monday, August 16, 2010

my original photo


this is my result from lesson #2 in Digital Expressions by Susan Tuttle.

the lesson was "Popping Areas of Color" and was really only difficult because my hands weren't really steady enough to manage the mouse/cursor to select areas. it's very easy to wobble a bit on one's intended line (especially if one has shaky hands at all) and even though i chose an extremely simple photo to work with i managed to botch it up.
there is a special tablet one can get and it enables the user to hold a pen-like instrument and actually "draw" on the image . . . i may have to do some research and see if it would be worth it for me to get one.

because my background was a white towel for this photo it didn't really make much of a difference when i removed the color. so i decided to additionally filter my background with a sketch layer and then got to wandering around a bit and kinda did my own thing . . .

i guess i did succeed in creating a color popped look but i didn't exactly follow all instructions to the letter.

i like the original photo much better but i did learn some things and am now ready to step away from my photoshop program and my computer screen for a while.

1 comment:

  1. The effects are clever though Libby - as the second image seems to be suspended in space somehow. Will pop back to see how the lessons go. Lesley x

    ReplyDelete

i love knowing what your thoughts are and knowing that you've paid a visit if you have the time to drop a line or two.

i attempt to answer all comments and/or questions. if this is important to you make sure you are not set on no reply which leaves me no way to get back to you.

Followers