About Me

My photo
i am a creative person. mother to a daughter who is an active young woman and a constant blessing in my life. i hope that you enjoy your visit here and that you will return often.

Saturday, October 26, 2013

art journaling friday ~ october 26, 2013

i've been a little less disciplined with my art journaling lately but i am working on a two page fall themed spread. i now have one of those pages finished.

i have continued using lightweight cardboard for the pages as i find that it holds up well to all of the wet media and glue.
some of the supplies/techniques that i have used for this page are:


  • water color ~ paints & pencils
  • acrylic paint
  • a batik fabric scrap
  • newspaper
  • various found images & words
  • my (used) fall to-do list
  • a notecard recently sent to me
  • bits of artificial leaf that fell off of one of my fall decorations
  • stamped images & words
  • a skeleton leaf
  • some stitching
  • washi tape
  • micron pens
  • lots of glue
 
remember when i posted about Barb (of Fun with Barb) sending me that fabulous fairy book? i have turned my scissors on it and snipped out this cute little fairy. it was fun to position him hanging from my fall to-do list. i also enjoyed including the pretty card that she sent along with the book and have created a special tab to mark the page with.

Art Journal Every Dayi'll be linking up with Art Journal Every Day at Balzer Designs today.
not only is Julie hosting many talented art journalers, she is also sharing more of her own pages and talent. i'm always inspired by what is going on here~!

recent gifts include:
  • the slow rhythm of wonderful husbands sleeping breaths
  • watching the recent full moon (orange) rise up and over the mountains
  • discovering and creating fabric beads
  • safely arriving home after a long travel day. there really is 'no place like home'.

7 comments:

  1. This is way gorgeous... definitely keep with your art journaling its fabulous! Love the varying ways you've created with leaves...and that little fairy boy is just delightful and such a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I recognized the note card right away. What a fun page with so many things to discover. I love the fall garden list.
    Someone told me once that boy fairies are pixies. Is that true? I figured you'd know if anybody did.
    It was fun to see your materials list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun art journal page. I love the fairy too.

    Your posts inspired me to gave digital art journaling a try. My first effort wasn't spectacular, but it's a start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! There is NO place like home. I love home so very much!
    Your journal pages are glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Lynda!! Love the fairy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. interesting background on your art journal, Lynda! and wonderful collage!

    ReplyDelete

i love knowing what your thoughts are and knowing that you've paid a visit if you have the time to drop a line or two.

i attempt to answer all comments and/or questions. if this is important to you make sure you are not set on no reply which leaves me no way to get back to you.

Followers